These four books that are a definite read for all Indian who are serious about understanding ancient India and the Vedic Saraswati civilisation that we wrongly dub the Indus civilisation. Nomenclature notwithstanding these books are soon destined to become the foundational works of a great new edifice on revised and honest ancient Indian history. The sound scientific approach and evidence provided in these books is monumental and ground breaking compared to the redundant, weak and non scientific 'linguistic' Aryan Invasion theory (AIT) perpetuated by the likes of Michael Witzel, Asko Parpola, Steve Farmer and few other Indian scholarly fossils led by Romilla Thappar and her band of happily ignorant deniers.
The increasingly defunct Aryan Invasion theory relies primarily upon linguistics making it a 'one show pony circus' and a highly subjective one at that, its a non scientific approach based on individual conjecture and imagination with stray reference to passages in the Vedas retrofitted into a preconceived theory. Where as the approach taken by the authors of these four books is founded on science - Satellite imagery of the Saraswati river basin showing old river flows, Genetics (AIT theorist have no clue on genetics), astronomy, sound knowledge of the 'Vedas' and the 'Puranas', archeological findings from newly discovered sites, path breaking language decipherment techniques and new approach of correlating epoch making events (the last Ice Age, the post Holocene, global draught, tectonic events in NW India) in the natural history of earth and mankind for the possible creation and the subsequent demise of the Vedic Saraswati civilisation.
All in all the authors of these books are Scientists, Mathematicians, Vedic gurus who have no past reputation, justification for grants, university chairs to protect or preserve but the same cant be said of the likes of Witzel, Parpola, Farmer or even Romilla Thappar. who stick to their dead theories. The authors of these books have already achieved glory in their field of work and have brought their great intellect, scientific mind set and scientific reasoning to the study of a perplexing chapter of India's hoary past and any day I will choose a scientists or a mathematicians reasoning to the personal opinion or conjecture of an arts student teaching history or linguistics.
|Sarasvati River and the Vedic Civilisation by NS Rajaram|
|The Deciphered Indus Script, by Prof Natwar Jha|
Observations on the AIT circus bandwagon:
- The only thing that lends credibility to the likes of Michael Witzel is that he writes from behind a desk situated in the Harvard University, apart from that there is no credibility for him, his work or his followers.
- Witzel is known among academic circles to be highly offensive towards other scholars challenging his works and out-rightly denounces them by mocking them or passing crude remarks on their work, even attacking the person and his qualification and ironically the opposing scholars are more qualified than Witzel. As an example here is a link to a mail sent out by Witzel after he went to have fun with NS Rajaram which itself is evidence of what he thinks of himself (read comments also) Witzel Mocks NS Rajaram and other scholars
- Witzel was pulled up by the US administration during the California school book revision controversy for misusing the Harvard name, stationary and for threatening people using his position at Harvard. He lost the opposition to the revision along with Akso Parpola and our very own Romilla Thappar.
- I have read Romilla Thappars books on Indian history and she accepts the AIT blindly and herself provides no empirical evidence in her entire works but mouths borrowed conjecture. Her entire work is nothing but a premier example of how to get to high places with good use of English language.
- Asko Parpola is in the pay of the Karunanidhi govt. to promote the ideas of Aryan-Dravidian divide and AIT. Asko Parpola recently was felicitated by Karunanidhi for his support of the Aryan-Dravidian divide.
- Finally in conclusion the AIT was created not by scholars, historians, archeologist etc but by christian priests (Robert Caldwell), British bureaucrats (Macaulay), Judges, Railways & postal officers, politicians, Army officers, arm chair historians & so called Vedic guru like Max Muller who never came to India and many such half baked people who had one or the other agenda to promote. Now we have the likes of Witzel dragging the good name of Harvard through the mud based on the knowledge and theories gained from such dubious sources.